Finding a dentist that you and your family both trust and feel comfortable with is truly a blessing. A family dentist is a dental professional who serves as your primary dental healthcare provider and provides a wide range of services designed to take care of your family’s health as well as the diagnose and treat various dental problems.
What Should a Family Dentist Do?
Instead of visiting specialists for each and every dental issue, why not take your whole family to a dentist where nearly all your dental problems will be taken care of under one roof? A good family dentist often provides the following services:
- Diagnosis and Treatment – your family dentist will look out for any dental problems that may arise in you or your family, diagnose them at early stages, and treat them before they can cause any permanent damage.
- Dental Health Awareness – your family dentist will educate your family regarding the best oral hygiene practices that will help them maintain an excellent dental and physical health.
- Preventive Dental Treatment – in order to protect your children’s teeth from getting decayed, a family dentist will protect them by applying a thin layer of dental sealants over the biting surfaces of the molar teeth, and by providing fluoride treatment that will make their teeth stronger and more resistant to cavities.
- Teeth Fillings – one of the most important roles of a family dentist is to look out for any cavities that may develop in your teeth, and treat them by removing the cavities and replacing them with a suitable filling material.
- Smile makeover – smile makeovers involve a comprehensive assessment of your smile in order to improve its overall appearance. Typically one or more cosmetic dentistry procedures, such as dental veneers, dental implants, composite bonding, sculpting and teeth whitening may be required for several teeth to achieve the look you want. As a cosmetic dentist, Dr. Khetarpal will work closely with you to develop a treatment plan designed to achieve exactly what you want from your makeover. It may include a number of different services – all designed to give you the most healthy beautiful smile possible.
- Orthodontic Treatment – does your child require braces for the correction of his or her misaligned teeth? Your family dentist may even be able to help with this service, often practiced only by an orthodontist. Dr. Ruchika can address minor orthodontic issues in-office.